Friday, August 10, 2012

8-10-2012 DB's Dailies

At 0647 I found Sadie (RB12) tucked into the base of the cliff at Left Middle Cliff, Rabbit Island. She would move up and down several times through the day, but has remained all day.

At 0713 I found Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave. I went back to SC at 1355 for an afternoon recheck, and found that Buster was no longer there. I first checked the Kokee Flats , but he was not there, however workers above Irma's Grotto said he had been there for about an hour beginning at 1230. My next check was China Walls, and sure enough there was Buster snoozin' on the rocks behind the first house inside of CW. I also made another find at CW.

As regular readers may recall there were two keiki Palms cut down by the low life that lives behind the that location. Today I found that some good soul has replanted two new trees, as well as ground cover at the same spot. Thank You Good Soul, whoever you are !!

At 1020 Gayle called with word that Kaiwi (RK96) was now at Lanai Lookout.

At 1034 I found Aukai (RL12) at Seal Rock Inlet, Rabbit Island. At best she was partially visible, and by 1107 was hidden from me at the pier. When I relocated to the Makapuu Overview she was completely visible, and remained all day.

Dana called at 0757 with the report of 2 animals at the Makaha Surfside, in Makaha. At 0928 she called to advise that volunteer Debbie Berkstrom had told her that one had an "NZ3" on the side. Further conversations revealed that the bleach was on the right side. It is my personal opinion that Debbie was looking at an upside down N23 bleach on the right side of M&M (R020). There was no info on the other animal. There have been no confirming photos received. Though the office needs proof, I gotta' put a coupla' cats on M&M (R020) , probably still being attended by my first born son, RIP (RR70), but ?????????????

Separate afternoon email from Dana advised that Pohaku (RO28) was once again at Secret Beach today, and being covered by volunteers, since Barbara Billand is still recovering from her cataract surgery. Iv'e received no other info.

Dana called at 1656 to advise that 2 animals were at Access 186B, Ewa Beach. She was attempting find a responder. Awaiting further word, but I gotta' cat on Rocky and Benny again, but ????????????

Karen Turner sent shots from her stint with R912&Pup, yesterday at Mokuleia. Thank You Karen.

note to self: don't let DB know how many cats have appeared in my life, or he'll be adding them to his wages. (although he's usually right 99.9% of the time)


 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout 
 It's nice she has made this her home base.... it's a lot safer than her birth beach
 AND now I can thank Karen Turner!
 Enjoy the mom and pup pictures
 She's getting bigger

No comments: