Sunday, August 12, 2012

8-12-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0635 I found what would prove to be Ewa Girl (RS00), once again to the right of 2BS on Rabbit Island. She would do a swim from 0940 until 1145, hauling out to the same location.

At 0700 Kimo called with the report of Buster (RV08) at Spitting Cave. He was still there when I departed at 0830.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0907 I found Duke (RA12) just hauling out to the far right end of Rabbit Island. near yesterday's location . He would remain there the rest of the day.
At 1128 Aukai (RL12) moved out from behind rocks on the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. She would remain there until run off at 1330.

It was a nightmare day at RI today, with 19 visitors on the island, in 4 separate groups. 13 of those were all there at the same time. DOCARE was called of course, and some were busted, and some were not. No matter what all had an impact on both Ewa Girl and Aukai. To make matters worse one of the groups also brought a dog ! Ewa Girl alerted to passers by, but did not depart. Aukai however was run off.

Dana called at 0948 to advise that Pohaku (RO28) was once again at Secret Beach. She is 100% molted.

Also at 0948 Dana advised that there was a reported animal at Makaha. The Billands were out and around a bit, and reported that the Makaha animal was RI37.

Evening email from Vera brought word of possible animals in Ewa Beach, but I have no confirmation of that. (Rocky&Benny ???).

I can't believe there were that many people on Rabbit Island today. What even makes people think they can go out there? Well I am glad DOCARE was able to respond to at least some of it.  I can only imagine what DB went through.... I still say we need to hook up a solar intercom system... and scare the crap out of the people!  
 Then we go to secret beach where Pohaku in her new coat relaxes
 Barb... I hope it's okay for you to be up and about!... please be careful
 Haaa. Pohaku probably thinking ... OMG another wedding
 Is that all you two legged critters do here on the beach wear those funny clothes on the beach?
 pssst here.... here take a picture of me
 thank goodness they're gone i can get some rest
 Buster diving
 I recognize that scar ... must be RI37
 RI37 at Makaha

1 comment:

barbara said...

I shouldnt be out and about yet, but when Rob reads me the dailys and Pohaku is STILL at Secrets, then it becomes a mission to check on her. I mostly stayed back as I cant see well YET. But oh it felt great to be out again.

ROb did the iding, I just sat and waited. He done good and glad he did it. I wish my eye sight gets better soon. It was nothing I imagined to be...very painful, long surgery.

Thanks to all who are keeping a watch, PLEASE KEEP TRYING TO PROTECT POHAKU, SHe will leave soon. She can not be left alone at all as she moves all the time, up and down the shore, some times really close to the adoring fans. She begins her moves around 9:15am to 3:30pm..she dont keep still. She is worth the watch...a truly amazing female from Kauai. The sun is blazing hell...so bring umbrella and lots of water. Come on guys, help out now. Dont give up on Pohaku, Please.