Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3-28-2012 DB's Dailies: Nani&Buster@RI, Kaiwi@SC, 2AW@Trks, RIP,Kermit,Kerby&Noa@Maili Pt, Benny@Makaha, RO28@Elec.Bch


The day got started bright and early, but it would be 0946 before I found my first critter. On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island I found Nani (RK60) all alone at Rocky Right Beach. She would move down to cool off around noon, and I had to relocate to the Makapuu Overview to see her behind the rocks. When I got back at 1347, Nani was no longer there.

When I got to Makai Pier at 1347 I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' on the water front rocks, 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. He would be the only afternoon resident.

The Elves were complete wrecks today. After 5 consecutive days with Kaiwi , she was nowhere to be found, and they were all in "cold turkey" withdrawals. Just as I was thinkin' about breaking out the Methadone tabs, Elf Teri called at 1600 to report that she was with Kaiwi (RK96) at Spitting Cave. When I arrived she was doing 6-7 minute dives. The Elves were renewed.

Team Billand once again had a bumper crop of critters.
At 0812 they reported R2AW at Tracks.
At 1352 they found RIP (RR70), Kermit (R012), Kerby (RW08)& Noa (R6FI), all lined up in a row at Maili Point. The rising tide would cause the departure of all but Noa, at 1542.
At 1405 the Billands found Benny (RE74) in Makaha.
Finally, at 1608 they reported Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach.

Elves Gayle and Teri 
 Kerby @ Maili Point 
 Kermit @ Maili Point
 RIP @ Maili Point
 and there were four in the bed and the little one said.... roll over roll over.... so they all rolled over and one fell out and there were .....
 How cool is this.... we have RIP, Kermit, Kerby and Noa all together.... this is a rare sight seeing them all lined up together.
 2AW @ Tracks
 Benny @ Makaha
 RO28 @ Electric Beach

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding four animals together was super cool. Took a bit of observing to id all. Kerby was the hardest, he dont got many markers. I called DB and Sean for some clues, but even they agreed he is hard to ID. In the end, I finally got the id as Kerby followed Kermit and Rip off to sea. Noa stayed back but later departed.

It was a surprise to find Kermit out there too at first Tracks beach...he just did a quick stop over and then off he went, westerly. I followed till I couldnt see him any more..that was at 8 this morn. He later went to Maili with the others.

Days like these are rare for us, so, we just stayed to witness this occasion. Pretty cool, just simply amazing. In our five years, this is the second most seals in one spot. Last year we found 5!!

Again, cant wait for the sun to come out tomorrow morning...each day is certainly an adventure.

Thanks to LADY Ocean and all her critters...YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Bad part, my computer died again...but thanks to my daughter, we borrowed her tiny computer....just had to...7 animals!!!!!

Makakilo MooN said...

Wow, you guys are amazing. Funny the things you stumble upon in this world wide web.