Thursday, March 22, 2012

3-22-2012 DB's Dailies: Kolohe@RI, Irma@MB, Kaiwi@SC, Kermit@NIM, 2aw@Maili


On my first look at Makapuu Beach, I found Irma (R01) waiting for me at 0637. I got her cordoned off , and she has remained all day. I picked up the rope at dark, after everyone had departed (1920). Irma remains.
At 0720 I found Kolohe (RW22) just hauling out to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. He had the island to himself today (well, Kolohe and a zillion birds)

Once again today, posse member Kathy called at 1106 to advise that 
Kaiwi (RK96) had just arrived at Spitting Cave. Kaiwi was doing 6 minute dives. I mentioned on Tuesday that the antenna on Kaiwi's transmitter was missing. 
Dera confirmed this morning that there have been no transmissions since Sunday, the 18th, which was the last day that her antenna was seen.

At 1050 Team Billand checked in with the report of Kermit (R012) fronting #1813 Nimitz Cottages.
At 1157 they found 2AW at Maili.
LATE NIGHT NEWS:  I received a call from a friend who was at Kahuku Beach this morning and saw N6 "right spot". She said she would send pictures but I haven't received anything at this time. Will post and send in when I receive them. 

 Kolohe @ Rabbit Island
  Irma @ Makapuu Beach
 Beautiful Day - beautiful picture
 the elves at spitting cave
 Kaiwi  swimming at spitting cave
 Turtle and Kaiwi
 Kermit N4 @ Nimitz
 Kermit looking handsome and healthy
 2AW @ Maili Point

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kahuku Beach???

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by Kahuku beach? After Kahuku point?

Donna said...

When my friend Karen called me she said she was at the beach in Kahuku... She didn't give an exact location, there wasn't anyone around the seal was safe. I am still waiting for photos from her son's camera.

Sorry if I didn't get the name correct but I assumed if someone is at the beach in Kahuku... then that would make it Kahuku beach... silly me.

Anonymous said...

Kawela Bay is located in Kahuku too!