Monday, March 19, 2012

3-18-2012 DB's Dailies and MORE


When I looked over the cliff, on my arrival at Hanauma Bay,at 0632, I saw an animal on the beach at the approximate middle of the bay. When I got down there I found Irma (R010), and cordoned her off. She has remained all day. I picked up the equipment when HB closed. Irma was still there. Tomorrow ??

While I was working on Irma, posse member Gayle called at 0705 to advise that Kaiwi (RK96) was at Kaiwi Kove, Sandy Beach. When I got there at 0725 we set up a perimeter. She got a little bad eel I guess, and gave the Elves a little present on the beach. Kaiwi began her departure at 1833, and reached open water at 1841.
On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0748 I found what would prove to be RM38 , 60 ft. right of 3BS. He would remain at that location all day.

At 0754 Kolohe (RW22) hauled out to join M38. The stay was a brief one. M38 didn't wanna' be bothered, and after a few snaps, Kolohe got the hint, and reentered the water. He hauled out again to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet, where he remained the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1132, I found Nani (RK60) just hauling out, fronting 3BS. She would galumph up over a cut in the sand, and crashed in the vegetation at 3BS where she remained the rest of the day.

Dera called at 1000 with the report of N6 (Right Spot, R016), at Backyards, Sunset Point.
Dera also reported an animal half way to Ka'ena Point, from the Mokuleia parking lot. the location is the same place where Marilyn saw 761 yesterday.

Team Billand called at 1127 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Lanikohonua Beach, KoOlina. New Intern, Tatiana spent the day trying to keep up with the Billands

Kolohe and RM38
 Kolohe
 Nani 
 Big Momma Irma @ Hanauma Bay 
 Kaiwi representing the letter "O" 
 This just doesn't look comfortable at all
 well maybe it's not as comfortable as she thought
 Okay this is a little better
 hmmm still not working for her
 now she just being silly
 She maybe has settled in for a little bit
 Just in time to head back to the big blue sea
 Be careful out there
RO28 @ KoOlina
 catching up on some zzzzz
 WHAT the heck is happening?
 Okay I am out of here
 NOAA intern Tatiana and 1/2 of Team Billand (Barb)

No comments: