Saturday, March 17, 2012

3-16-2012 DB's Dailies: Kolohe&U/M@RI, Kaiwi@SB, Irma@KK, KC@KBP, Benny&2AW@Makaha, R018@Sec.Bch, RO28-KoOlina, Noa@Maili


After a long hard day of observation , I ended the day with a Rabbit Island cast of Kolohe (RW22), and what I have to carry as an U/M, even though I think I might have seen Buster's bleach, but I can't really make a confirmed ID.

At 0720 a very happy posse member Gayle called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) tucked into the Naupaka at Kaiwi Kove. She had not been there on my earlier check. The Elves were happy again, getting to spend quality time with their girl. She remained all day, beginning her move down at 1840 and reaching open water at 1855. Tomorrow ??
Fisherman posse member Emmit called at 0717 with the report of an animal in Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats. When I arrived at 0746 I found Irma (R010) snoozin' at the grotto.

On my way to round #2 at Makai Pier, I spied an animal at KBP, visible from the road. It would prove to be KC (RK28). I got her cordoned off, and she remained there until 1630 when she departed of her own volition.
At 0930 Team Billand reported Benny (RE74) at Makaha Beach.
At 1037 the found 2AW, at the other end of Makaha Beach.
R018 was their next find, at 1206 at Secret Beach, KoOlina.
At 1410 the Billands found Pohaku (RO28) at the Banyan Tree, KoOlina, with people all around her and waaaaay to close.
At 1710 they found Noa (R6FI), at Maili.

 Kaiwi @ Kaiwi Kove
 Zeeny has a gift for capturing this little one in the oddest positions
 I mean really!  This is actually a great shot of her fanning tail
 KC "Kaaawa Critter"  LOL  I know she goes there sometimes!  She actually like the MCBH a lot too. 
 KC with her infamous cookie cutter shark bite
 Kolohe on Rabbit Island 
 Unidentified Male... probably Buster
 Irma at Kokee Flats 
2AW @ Makaha
 RO28 @ KoOlina with some guest
 Just once I would love for a seal to rear up and scare the CRAP out of someone... and I mean literally... then everyone can take pictures of them sitting in their own $#!*
 RO28 resting comfortably now that lady is gone
Noa @ Maili

 Benny rockstar @ Makaha
 Very sweet picture of these two....!  Future seal volunteers :-)
 R018 @ Secret shhhh Beach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Allen Resinger for his help with R018. Allen, you were an angel to be there when we needed someone..it was nuts yesterday. And of course our seals were so far apart, miles apart to care for all five.

You kept R018 safe!! He stayed a long time!!! Good job. Hugs to ya Allen!!