Friday, March 2, 2012

3-2-2012 DB Dailies: Kolohe,RM38&U/U@RI, Buster@CW, M&M@CIP, Noa@Maili, RO28@KoOlina


The Elves and I were on it bright and early in the SE quadrant, but Kaiwi was a no show, and it would be 1020 before the first critter was seen.

At 1020 I found Kolohe (RW22) on the water front rocks, 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet , on Rabbit Island, and RM38, 40 ft right of Seal Rock Inlet. I would not actually get the M38 ID until 1438.

On my 1407 recheck of RI, I found a new arrival down in a depression on the left end rock flats of RI. I was never able to see enough to make an ID, however I did see 2 red tags. Maybe tomorrow ????

Dera called at 1203 with the report of an animal behind 60 Hanapepe Loop in Portlock. There was nobody home at the address, so I accessed the location via China Walls, mini park. The house is the 2nd mauka of the beach park. Once there I found Buster (RV08). I spoke with the pool guy who made the call later, and he advised that he'd seen the same animal off and on last week, which would explain Buster's absence last week.
Posse member Kathy called at 1330 to report an animal foraging at Blowhole. When I arrived at 1348 I found Irma (R010) doing 7 minute dives.

Team Billand checked in at 0943 to report M&M (R020) at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park. Yes.. she is lookin' alittle chunky. I've got my dollar on 6-7-12 ???
At 1106 the Billands found Noa (R6FI) at Maili.

Dana called at 1538 with the report of an animal at Secret Beach. An ID was not possible. Team Billand called at 1633 to confirm the Pohaku (RO28) ID. Barbara advise she was on Lanikohohua Beach, next door Secret Beach.
 Buster @ China Walls
 Gee this looks familar.... wonder if Kaiwi picked up some of Buster's traits
 I wonder if he thinks he's hidden.
 Irma @ Blow hole
 U/U @ Rabbit Island 
 M+M @ Campbells
Pretty Girl
 Noa @ Maili Point
 RO28 @ KoOlina 
 Nice shot... cutey!

No comments: