Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3-12-12 DB Dailies and more


When I pulled into Makai Pier at 0728 this morning the first obvious thing was that every Sooty Tern in the world had arrived overnight. Nobody has landed yet but the sky was fulla' birds.

Behind those flyin' critters I could see Kolohe (RW22) snoozin' 40 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back for m 0922 recheck, Kolohe had moved to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. He remained the rest of the day.

Gayle called at 0752 to report an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived at 0806 I found RIP (RR70) doing 7 minute dives.

On a routine check of Kaiwi Kove at 1325, I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' in the Naupaka. An eyewitness said that she had hauled out just 2 minutes earlier, and had just moved into the bushes when I pulled in. Kolohe Kaiwi began her galumph to the sea, with the Elves and I in attendance, at 0600, and by 0605 she was in open water. Tomorrow ???? ( I got excited for a moment thinking Kolohe hauled out and joined Kaiwi.... wouldn't that be the coolest). 

Dera called at 1543 with the report of an animal in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. Since Buster owns the spot, it was a kinda'/sorta' no brainer, and sure enough when I arrived at 1557 I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' on the rocks.

Team Billand called at 0825 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Maili.
At 0905 they found 2AW at Tracks.
At 0930 the Billands reported M&M at White Plains.
At 0930 the Billands reported that Clay Gates had called them with the report of Irma (R010) at Iroquois Point.
The Billands found Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz Jetty, at 1018.
Clay came through again with the report of Rocky (RH58) newly arrived at Iroquois Point.

Diane Pike, on Molokai sent a couple of shots of my 2nd born, Mojo (RI17) back at his home away from home on Molokai. It's not hard to see what he finds so appealing about the island. Those young Molokai hotties are what it's all about.

Da Birds!  Look out below!
 Buster @ Blow hole 
 
 Mojo and the Molokai Mob  Isn't this great!!!
 Kaiwi goes green

 there she is .... 
 this little girl is finding some good eating

Kaiwi opts for the rocky road. (Thank you Zeeny)

No comments: