Friday, March 9, 2012

3-9-2012 DB Dailes


At 0733 on my first look at Rabbit Island I found what would prove to be Mojo (RI17) and Kolohe (RW22) well back on the beach, 40 ft left of 1BS, on Rabbit Island. When I got back for round #2 at 0921 I found that Sadie (RB12) was now there behind the boys. I suspect that she had been there all along, but just out of my line of sight behind the dunes.

At 1005 Nani (RK60) hauled out to 1BS, and galumphed over to interact briefly with each of the others as she came to them. All would settle down to snooze mode.
When I got back for another check at 1225 I initially thought that Sadie was there by herself, but slowly but surely the others came into view behind the dunes.

At 0739 posse member Gayle called to advise that she was with Kaiwi (RK96) at Kaiwi Kove. She had not been there on my previous 3 checks. Gayle found her cavorting in the shallows of the cove, and then moving into a tide pool for a snooze. According the the elves she moved out of the tide pool at around 1000, but then came back and by 1130 was snoozin' in her Naupaka. Kaiwi began her galumph to the sea at 1827, and was in open water at 1832. Tomorrow ????
Posse member Kathy called at 1013 to report an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived at 1039 I found that it was RIP (RR70), doing 7 minute dives.

At 0915 Team Billand checked in with the report of T15M fronting #1706 at White Plains.
At 1035 the Billands reported Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz Jetty. He would depart at 1500.
At 1411 the Billands found R018 at Maili.
Pohaku (RO28) was their next find, at 1444, at Electric Beach.

Posse member Dennis Kunkel did the Kahuku trek this morning and sent confirmation photos of Ua' Malie (RT10) at High Rock, and Right Spot (R016) at Kahuku Point. This is the first Ua' sighting since 2-12-12.

 Kaiwi getting rained on... or was it hail?
  Mojo, Kolohe and Nani
 Mojo Kolohe Nani and Sadie
 Right Spot @ Kahuku Point looking very plump
 Then again, from this angle.... skinny minnie... wish I could do that
 Ua 'Mailie @ High Rock
 She's grown up fast
 Late Entry from Zeeny.... once again irresistable Kaiwi

No comments: