Thursday, March 22, 2012

3-21-2012 DB's Dailies: Kolohe&Nani@RI, Kaiwi@SC, R018@Tracks


Though on the road bright and early as usual, it would be 0920 before I crossed pathes with a critter. On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island of found Kolohe (RW22) snoozin' on the water front rocks, 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet.

On a pan at 1106 I found that Nani (RK60) had hauled out fronting 3BS on RI. When I got back to the pier at 1320 Kolohe was just hauling out to Nani. They interacted for about 5 minutes, but Nani wasn't into it, and Kolohe gave up and returned to the water.

While on the subject of Rabbit Island, allow me to advise my fellow "bird brains" that today , at 1042 the millions of Sooty Terns that are here already, began landing on RI. It was only D#1 there will be gazillions more. It has been an odd year so far. They usually land on the 1st of March, but this time around they didn't even get here in appreciable numbers until the 12 of March, and only landed today.

Posse member Kathy called at 1053 to advise that she was with Kaiwi (RK96) at Spitting Cave. Sure enough when I got there at 1147 I confirmed the Kaiwi ID. She was doing 6-7 minute dives. Thank you Kathy !!
Team Billand checked in at 0753 with the report of R018 at Tracks.

They called again at 1606 to advise that they were watching Kermit (R012) foraging 75 ft off, the 1st bunker on the west side of the Nimitz Jetty.

 Kolohe and Nani 
  Kaiwi @ Spitting Cave
 da birds ... da birds
 Kermit @ Nimitz
 Kermit doing a swim by
 R018 @ Tracks

No comments: