Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3-20-2012 DB Dailies: Kolohe@RI, Kaiwi@SB, T21M@MCBH, R018@Trks, Kermit@KCG, Rocky@Waikiki, 2AW@Maili, La'akea@TB, U/U Mokuleia side KP


I checked Irma's at 0605. Irma was gone. I picked up the signs and continued the adventure.

It would be 0932 before I found my first critter. It would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. He would be the one and only RI resident today. He did his usual patrol of the beach from 1021 till 1055, and finding nobody, hauled out to SRI, for a snooze.

Because Kolohe had done my search for me at RI, I opted for doing another pass through the SE quadrant. At 1120 I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' in a tide pool at Kaiwi Kove. Posse member Gayle had done a 1005 check and she had not been there. We set up the perimeter, and she remained the rest of the day. The evening crew noted that the antenna portion of her transmitter is gone. Zeeny's photos confirm that it had been there on Sunday. The transmitter remains. Kaiwi departed at 1831.

Dera called at 0843 to advise that R7GZ (T21M) had been reported at Hale Koa Beach, MCBH.
At 0903 Team Billand found R018 at Tracks.

At 0944 they found Kermit (R012) at Kalaeloa Campgrounds. In yesterday's news, per the Billands, Kermit was in Ewa Beach yesterday, but went unreported.

At 1333 Team Billand found 2AW at Maili.

I got email from Karen Rohter today, with photos , documenting Rocky (RH58) at the Kaimalu Apts. , Gold Coast, Waikiki. Karen's shots came as a complete surprise since I hadn't gotten the word from any other source. Thank You Karen !

Dera called at 1529 to advise of an N31 ( La'akea , RK82), at Turtle Bay.
She also advised of an U/U near the Mokuleia parking lot for Ka'ena Point. No other info available at this time.

 Rocky rockstar looking for a rental
 thank you Karen Rohter
 Kaiwi having an afternoon underwater snooze 
 Yahoo the Aunties are here!!!
 Time for me to be adorable
 How's this?
 Wait... I don't want my face to get wet
 This is better
 I'll take a nap
 Shake and bake... and I helped
 I think she likes this pose best
 Time to go
 R018 at Tracks
 thank you Team Billand
 Kermit @ Kalaeloa Camp Grounds
 Surf school and Kermit
 Kermit catching some white water
 2AW @ Maili
 Not a care in the world.... into a deep deep sleep

No comments: