Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3-8-2011 DB Dailies

I found Duke up in the Morning Glory, 70 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island at 0730.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1052 I found that Kolohe had arrived at the water front rocks, also 70 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. At 1115 Duke woke up and moved down to join Kolohe. There was really no interaction. Both remained there together the rest of the day.

Between those two guys, I got a call from Dera at 0736 reporting an animal at lifeguard stand 2E at Queen's Beach in Waikiki. When I arrived at 0811 I found Irma waiting for me. I got her cordoned off and remained until relieved by Lesley. Tony and Colleen were also going to be
there. If I've left anyone out, know that Irma & I appreciate each and every one of you. Colleen called to say that Irma had left of her own volition at 1545. Thank you Irma !

Team Billand called at 1100 to advise that they were with Kermit, west of the last bunker on the west side of the Nimitz Jetty.  They would call again at 1410 to say that they had found Makaiwi at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.  At 1439 they advised that R018 had just hauled out to join Makaiwi at CIP. They were now playing in the shallows, just off shore. R018 had last been reported by Dera at Ka'ena Point on 2-28-11. They were last seen swimming off to the east. Team Billand was on da' hunt.

Dera called at 1352 to advise that Todd White had reported KC in Haleiwa, at Alii Beach. In the
"yesterday's news" department, Mahalos to Tiana, and welcome to da' posse. Kelly emailed that Tiana was on it all day with KC yesterday.

Dana advised that Debbie Berkstom had found T15M , once again at Yokes at 1500. Team Billand said he had not been there this morning.

Team Billand checked in at 1725 to advise that they had just found Benny, fronting #1707 at White Plains. There were no calls that I am aware of for Benny's haul out.

Diane Pike checked in from Molokai, after yet another long , hard trek
today. She said she found 13 critters, but just sent photos of a couple of the cast that we Oahu folks know and love. Little RA50 (of Shark's Cove fame) seems to have become a Molokai dude. I was also happy to see that my #2 son, Mojo has returned to Diane's haunts. I had him at Rabbit Island for several days, but he has now returned to Diane and the rest of the hot young Molokai chicks, as I suspected. Mojo has whispered to me several times that he has noticed that one of those chicks seems to be missing, See Val he misses you too!  (and all this time when DB talked about the male monk seals going to Molokai to check out the Molokai chicks... I thought he was talking about female seals.... who knew.. and yes we ALL miss you Val).

Duke sneaking down from the morning glory
Duke and Kolohe
Irma does Waikiki
A50 @ La'au Point on Molokai... He's looking good .
Mojo on Molokai

2 comments:

kelly girl said...

Tiana, thanks for watching KC on Monday. Her pictures are on www.northshoremonks.blogspot.com if you like to take a look. We appreciate your help hope you will join us as a volunteer:)

Val said...

Awwww...I miss all my friends too, both flippered and non flippered. Hugs to all.