Thursday, March 31, 2011

3-31-11 DB Dailies

At 0644 I found RIP (RR70) snoozin' in the Morning Glory at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island.  When I got back to Makai Pier at 1021 I found Duke (RA12) and Kolohe (RW22) together behind the water front rocks at mid Middle Cliff on RI.

I did a midday "Irma Quest" check (zero) and when I got back to the Pier at 1500 I found two news members to the RI cast. There was an U/M with 2 red tags, at 3BS, and and U/U at Seal Rock Inlet. I
remained until 1700, but was never able to get a good enough look at the newcomers to get an ID. (I hate it when that happens!)

Team Billand had another action packed day. At 0946, in response to a Dera call, found T15M at Yokes.  At 1225 they reported Kermit (R4DH) at Wind Sock.  At 1257 they found Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1705 at Nimitz Cottages. Again in response to a Dera call they found Rocky (RH58) at Iroquois Point. At 1602 the Billands found R018 (R6FA) and Max (R5EW) together at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.

Dana checked in at 1110 to report that Todd White had confirmed R5AY at Chuns , on the North Shore.
At 1812 Dana called again with the report of RI37 at Rocky Point, also on the North Shore.  In the "yesterday's news" department, Dana forwarded shots from Paul Nelson, confirming KC (RK28) at Mokuleia yesterday.

Unidentified Unknown - a thorn in DB's side. 
 KC @ Mokuleia
 T15 aka Sharkbite @ Yokes
 Rocky @ Iroquois

1 comment:

Diga said...

Beautiful photos Barb! I especially like the photos of Sharkbite. He looks so regal in the last shot. I'm amazed when I think about how he has survived two shark attacks and made to 29+ years. Incredible critters! Diane