Sunday, March 6, 2011

3-5-11 DB Dailies

It was yet another rainy day. I found an animal up in the Morning Glory, 40 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island, but because I was gone much of the day, or it was dumping rain with zero visibility, I could never get an ID. When I did my 1520 check the animal had departed, so I'm stuck with an U/U. I hate it when that happens.

The Ocean Safety Office (Lifeguards) call came at 0739, reporting an animal fronting the Moana Surfrider Hotel in Waikiki. When Marilyn and I arrived at 0830 we found Becky (Dana's Mom), and Rocky. According to witnesses she had hauled out at 0720, and was with another, smaller animal, which did not haul out. We'll never know who the other one was, but I'm wondering if Kolohe might be possible, since he had
been seen in Waikiki just the other day, and has not returned to RI yet. Bottom line is, I have no clue. The location was a Zoo all day, as you can well imagine. Rocky being the girl that she is, just had to haul out
exactly where the big catamarans anchor on the beach. They had to anchor their boats off to the side of the cordon. Fortunately, everybody was cool with the need to move. Much Mahalos to Don, Kimo, Stacey, Becky,Laura, Robert and Sharon. I'm happy to report that Rocky departed at 1828.

Team Billand reported Kermit at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 0817. They called again at 1537 to say that Kermit had relocated to Kalaeloa Campgrounds, between the Fire Surf School and Al's Bench.

Late mail from Dana advised that R5AY was in Kaaawa today.

Rocky @ Waikiki
 Oh Rocky you sure can pick your spots!
 A rare siting... NOT the seal, the white bearded fellow aka Seal Whisperer
 Kermit @ Kalaeloa Campgrounds
 Kermit @ Windsock

2 comments:

kelly girl said...

Ho! Kimo I'm jealous, you got to meet the seal whisperer! Ho I stay so jealous:) Thanks for getting out there! kelly girl

Barbara said...

Rocky is a very lucky seal to have seven volunteers take care of her out there. She is one fat mama!!! She got style!! She is WOMAN!!!