Thursday, March 24, 2011

3-24-11 DB Dailies

At 0710, from the Makapuu Overview I could see what would prove to be RM38 up in the Morning Glory behind Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. When I got down to Makai Pier at 0720 I found that M38 was not alone. Kolohe(RW22) was in the Morning Glory with him. They would later move down to cool off, allowing the IDs.

Also at 0720 I found Duke(RA12) in the Morning Glory, fronting 3BS. He too would later move down.

At 1008 an U/M , adult sized, with 2 red tags, hauled out to join Kolohe and M38. He and M38 had words, but things ultimately settled down and everyone got back to snooze mode. I know in my heart that this U/M I've been seeing of late is in all probability , Buster(RV08) but I can' prove a thing. Buster has no big
markers. I rely on his speckled coat on the dorsal and a mottled ventral to make the Buster ID. With a new coat on, those markers are not there. I need a bleach boy real bad !!!

At 1153 RIP (RR70) hauled out to the far left end of the beach. He remained there the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported Benny(RE74) and Noa (R6FI) together at Maili Point at 0855.  They reported Irma (R010)at Wind Sock at 1139. At 1343 the Billands found Max (R5EW) at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park

M38, U/M and Kolohe
RIP
Benny and Noa @ Maili Point
How cute are they?
Irma @ Windsock
Heerrre's sexy Max

2 comments:

kelly girl said...

Do you see that smile on Max's face? He is the happiest seal I every saw. Well, I haven't really seen that many, but he is so cute! Maybe he had a little to much of what is in that bottle next to him? Thanks for the awesome photography and have a great seal day!

Barbara said...

Being around the seals, you can learn so much from them just by observing. Max does have a really cute face..he is a tiny guy, who moves so fast from one position to another, its hard to keep up with him. Having that bottle next to him, I wondered, ok, what did you just have? Max??? You're looking mighty happy...He. He.
Oh how I love finding him..and yet I worry, being so young and innocent. But he manages to travel distances on his own some how, now if he could gain more weight, that would be sensational. Every time we spot him, my heart just melts away. He is a sweet little boy. And thanks Kelly, appreciate your kind words. Seal ya.