Saturday, March 19, 2011

3-19-11 DB Dailies

I found another of those dreaded Unknown Males again today at 0648. He was gone by 0944, and I never got a decent look at him, due to high winds, rain squalls and junk visibility. I ruled out RIP, but that was all I could do. It may well have been Mojo, but ????? 

At 1158, Duke hauled out at SRI on Rabbit Island . He moved up and remained the rest of the day. 
At 1232, lifeguard posse member Billy, called to report an animal at Irma's. As it happens I was on the road and headed that way anyway for my midday check. At 1234 I found Irma waiting for me and cordoned her off. I picked up the rope at 1930. Irma remains.

Team Billand found Noa (6FI) at Maili Point again today, at 0720.

They reported Kermit on the reef at Wind Sock at 0910. He would relocate to the first bunker west of WSK, due to rising tide, at 1315. Kermit again entered the water to forage at 1519.  Team Billand called at 1632 to advise of EG and Max (5EW) together at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park. They departed together at 1721.

Dera called at 0928 with the report of an animal at Kaaawa Beach Park. She advised that Doniel was responding. I've gotten no further updates.

Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today. At 1020 she found Kerby and Kiko at the end of the world.

Irma
Kermit @ wind sock
Noa @ Maili Point
Yoo Hoo!
glad its not a monk seal.... wonder what happened
Kerby and Kiko @ Ka'ena Point
UMMM HELLO... bad enough this lady is so close but really to have the little kid there too. WTH
Kerby all grown up..

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This shark was caught in the night at 11pm and left on shore. It was caught by the locals on a fishing pole. Yes, it is frightening to see, SHARKS ARE OUT THERE and THIS IS THE AREA MAKAIWI hangs out all the time. Got in touch with HPU guys to come and pick it up..we left, so dont know if they ever got the shark.

Oh great shots of our Kerby and Kiko, both growing up so fast. Nice find Marylin.