Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3-22-11 DB Dailies

On my 3rd look at Rabbit Island, from Makai Pier, at 1002 I found Kolohe(RW22) and Duke(RA12) hauling out 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back from a recheck of the quadrant at 1513 I found that 2 U/U's had the boys. Though I remained until 1730, I was never able to get anything other than the fact that both were adult sized. I never saw bellies on either, and I saw at least 1 tag on each. Hopefully, tomorrow will provide some answers.

Colleen called at 0745 with the report of Irma(R010) at Diamond Head.

Dana called at 0844 to advise that Jeannie Martinson had reported Right Spot(R016) at Turtle Bay. She had apparently overnighted.

Team Billand was skunked in the morning, but did manage to pull plastic drums out of the water at Nimitz Beach, near the end of the runway. They came through with some finds in the afternoon. At 1437 They found Noa (R6FI) at Maili Point.  At 1513 it was 2AW at Tracks.  At 1556 Team Billand scored, finding both Ewa Girl (RS00) and Makaiwi (R4DJ) at Palm Grove , Campbell Industrial Park

Kolohe and Duke with two U/U
Irma @ Diamond Head
Team Billand at it again, pulling strange things our of the water.
I don't know how she does it.... unbelievable Barbara. The barrel is bigger than you.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I tell you, when we see something on shore or off shore floating that can harm the environment or our beloved Seals, we try to do something about it. Its like at home, you drop something, you got a choice, you pick it up right away, or, you let it there for someone else to pick it up..know what I mean???? And do you know on our check of seals in the am yesterday, the barrels were still where we left them???? What??? I called early for some one to come and get the barrels...see what I mean. We made the decision to pick up, pull up, toss way up shore so the barrels wouldnt get sucked out to sea again. And there they stayed...who will come and take them away. If they are still there this morning, WE WILL PICK THEM BARRELS UP, ONE BY ONE, DRAG THEM TO THE DUMPSTER...Thats why we got the cabbage patch problem...NO BODY PICKED UP!!! NOW ITS A BIG PROBLEM!!!!!