Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9/22/2010 DB Dailies

A rainy, crappy, junk visibility morning made life difficult, but it got better as the day wore on . On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0654 I found Kolohe, 100 ft left of 1BS , and Sadie up in the Morning Glory, 50 ft left of 1BS, and Duke in the grass at the right end of the beach. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1041, I found that Sam had joined the cast , 20 ft left of 1BS. All would move down and all would remain there all day. Sadie and Kolohe would join up when Sadie moved down and there was brief, light weight interaction, before both settled in to snooze mode for the day. Sadie was always the aggressor.

On my 2nd look at Kaupo Beach Park (KBP) I found Irma out on the low tide rocks, at 0905. She had not been there on my first look at 0640. She would remain there until 0950 when the rising tide began to get to her. Despite checks of KBP and the rest of the SE quadrant I did not see her again today.

Team Billand called at 0715 with the report of Makaiwi between the 2 bunkers on the west side of the Nimitz jetty.

Diane Gabriel emailed that Ua Malie spent the day on the Turtle Bay side of the point today.

Kolohe and Sa
Irma
Maka'iwi

No comments: