Friday, September 24, 2010

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0643 I found Duke, once again, snoozin' in the grass, at the right end of the beach. He would later move down to cool off , and remained there the rest of the day.

On my 2nd RI look, at 0815 I found that Buster had joined the cast, 90 ft left of 1BS, at the left end of the island. He too would remain all day.

On a pan at 1134 I got the teeniest glimpse of an animal mostly hidden behind the water front rocks at Rocky Right Beach (RRB) at the right end of the island. I finally got the ID my relocating to the Makapuu Overview, where she was totally visible.

Team Billand checked in at 0950 with the report of RI37 at Tracks. Their next call came at 1004 when they found 2AW , still at yesterday's location, at Electric Beach.

Dera called to advise of an animal at Sunset Beach. At 1539 Dera called to confirm that Jeannie had confirmed that it was Right Spot.

Marilyn has been in Monterey this past week, and when Irma found out she was going, asked if she could say HI ! to her Kalabash Kousin , Mildred & family while she was there. How could we refuse. Irma is family !
Sadie
Mrs. Whisperer sends some pic of what would be a management nightmare... can you imagine dealing with this many animals... one hand I would be delighted to see the species coming back and thriving... on the other hand... this would be ALOT of work.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Holy smokes...I dont know how all of us volunteers would handle so many seals! But they are awesome to see in these pictures. I appreciate all our seals even more. We get to meet them, personally, learn the behaviors easily, I dont know if we could do that with so many characters like these. Can you imagine the poop we would have to collect??? Can you imagine all these seals in the harbors in Hawaii???? Lots to think about...thanks for sharing Mrs. Whisperer and welcome back home.