Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/7/2010 Ua Malie and Auntie Leslie

Hello,

As I was on the trail, I got a call from Dana saying that Jeannie reported that Ua'Malie was out on the Kahuku Point.
So I hiked all the way out there to start my 10AM to 4PM shift.

I found her out on the plateaux of Kahuku Point snoozing. When the tide started coming up she went to play in the pools, she looked like a little Nessie from far away.

There was a fisherman on the point, he kept looking back at her and when he saw her move, he took his bait out of the water, gave me a signal and waited for her to swim by. Hours later when he was leaving and walked passed me I made a point of thanking him for his kindness and got a BIG SMILE back !!!

From there she decided to explore the reefs, cave by cave, coral by coral, pool by pool in the direction of TB. She went into the "elbow" beach, played around for a while then went on. She ended up hauling out (to my relief after 2½ hours) on the little b each between our last tent & the picnic area. There she slept till auntie Karen arrived to take over...

I happy that there was no major event or unpleasant surprises to report today

Aloha, Lesley

PS. Auntie Liz we missed you today !!
Kahuku Point
Kahuku Point pools
Ua-Nessie-Malie act one
Ua-Nessie-Malie act two
Passing by...
Trying to hide
for Auntie Diane ( hey what about us other Aunties.... geesh)
cutie patootie
Ua Malie water baby
more for Auntie Diane
Hauling out for a rest

No comments: