Friday, September 10, 2010

9/10/2010 DB Dailies

There was lots of interesting stuff today, with critters all over the place, but lets begin with the real highlight of the day. SAM RETURNTH !!!! (D#8). After a lonnnnnng day I went back to Makai Pier at 1618 and found a chubby lump at the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. At 1751 I finally confirmed that it was Sam !!! (These kids are killin' me !!)

Now back the beginning. At 0620 I found Ewa Girl on the left side rock flats at Hanauma Bay. She has remained there all day. Posse member, Jack called at 1611 to say that she was moving back up against the cliff, and it looks like she'll be doing another overnighter.

At 0900 I found Kolohe and RIP fronting 3BS , on Rabbit Island. Kolohe remained all day, however RIP was gone on my 1618 RI check. I had last seen RIP on 8-20-10, at RI. It was immediately apparent that he had shed his transmitter. I called Charles at 1030 and he turned on his magic machine, and confirmed that he had apparently lost it a week ago, in the area of the off shore islands of Kaneohe Bay area.

At 0915 I discovered Sadie behind the Morning Glory 50 ft left of 1BS. She remained all day, however she was not there on my 1618 recheck.

At 1530 Sandy Beach Lifeguard posse member Donovan called to report an animal in one of the several coves amongst the rocks between Blowhole and Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1548 I found Buster. Regular readers know that he has been foraging off Blowhole and hauling out to the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. Today's location is approximately 200 ft more towards SB.

That brings us back to Sam at RI, at 1618. I initially thought that he may have joined RIP on his Kaneohe adventure, however looking at the dates, Sam was last seen on 9-2-10. RIP had departed several days earlier. So ?????????????

Team Billand called at 1038 with the report of Kermit at Maili Point, and called again at 1129 to report Irma and Benny at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. Irma would depart at 1611, and Benny apparently freaked out, and went ballistic when he awoke and found Irma gone. He was still there when the Billands departed.

Karen Bryan called at 1117 to report that Makaiwi was at MCBH today. She had last been seen near Colleen's house at Diamond Head on 9-6-10. I thought she might be headed this way, so I've really been paying attention in the SE quadrant, but never found her. She seems to have passed me (and the Rabbit Island boys) by. This marks her furthest Oahu journey. (omg, i wish she would come by kailua beach.... i would be camping out with her.... this is sooo exciting she is exploring... and Dr. Charles, we need some maps to see where our little girl has been).

Ewa Girl
Buster

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Some times seals chose the most prettiest places to snooze. Ewa Girl looks so peaceful...all her scars so vividly showing, great shots.
Buster found a place so out of peoples way, he looks great,comfortable,safe.