Thursday, September 23, 2010

9/23/2010 DB Dailies

 From Makai Pier at 0653 I found Duke cruisin' up in the grass at the right end of the beach, on Rabbit Island. He would later move down and spent the rest of the day there.

 
On my 2nd trip to MP I found that Buster had joined the cast 40 ft left of 1BS. At 0849 he would quickly enter the water. It took a second, but I then noticed what would prove to be Kolohe in the shallows in front of Buster. Their swim / play session would last until 0953, when they both hauled out 40 ft left of 1BS, where they spent the rest of the day.

At 1211 Sadie hauled out to join Duke at the right end of the beach. They would spend the rest of the afternoon, snoozin' together.

At 1439 Dera called with the report of an animal at AD's. When I arrived at 1447 I found Irma, 100 yds. east of the AD's wall. I'd done 3 separate KBP checks during the day, as well panning the beach from Makai Pier every 15 minutes or so. Now I know why I couldn't find her.

Team Billand found RI37 and 2AW at Electric Beach (Kahe Power Plant) at 0935.

At 1137 they found Makaiwi at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.

Diane Gabriel checked in at 1200 to advise that Ua Malie was on the TB side of the point today.

Dera called at 1500 to say that R5AY was in Kaaawa today. I guess her Kauai vacation is over.
Irma hiding from Benny..  

No comments: