Thursday, September 16, 2010

9/16/2010 DB Dailies

At 0600, the first order of business was to check yesterday's Makaiwi site at Kaupo Beach Park. She was gone, so I picked up the signs and continued on the adventure.

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0829 I found Buster, newly hauled out to the far left end of the beach. He would remain there all day.

On a pan at 0843 I caught just a glimpse of an animal just moving behind the sand dune and Morning Glory left of 1BS. It would be 1259 before the critter moved out into view again on his way down to cool off. It was Sam ! He would remain all day.

On a pan at 0932 I became aware of Duke, partially visible in the Morning Glory, 40 ft right of 3BS. He had no doubt been there all morning and I just didn't see him until the light improved. He would move down to cool off and remained all day.

Team Billand checked in at 0958 with the report of RI37 at Tracks (Kahe Power Plant).

I was stressin' all day looking for Makaiwi, with no luck. At 1328 Colleen Heyer called to say that Makaiwi was as Diamond Head.

Ua Malie was at the point today, and as usual Diane came thru with great shots.

Sam the man
RI37

No comments: