Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9/15/2010 DB Dailies

Rabbit Island was bare on my first check, so I was very intent on looking for Makaiwi and Sam after yesterday's adventure. I checked all of the Waimanalo Beaches, and at 0805, on my check of Kaupo Beach Park (KPB) I asked a local family if they had seen any seals, to which the answer was no. As I completed my check I was walking back to my car , the family called to me. They said that since I'd spoken with them , they had seen an animal with a "box" on the back , swim in close to shore and then swim out again, heading toward the pier . As I scanned the area at 0812, I caught sight of a rock with a box on the back, approximately mid way between Kaupo Beach Park, and Makai Pier. It would prove to be Makaiwi. I put out signs, but did not want to draw anymore attention to her , since the location was remote. I could check her frequently from the pier. She remained all day.

At 0906 I found RIP and Sam together on the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. As I panned down the beach, at 0910 I found Duke just right of 2BS. All remained there all day.

I'm getting the dailies out a bit early today because I have a date with Tracy and Diane Pike this evening. I haven't heard from the Billands yet today, but I won't be adding their adventures to today's report. Please check da' blog to see what happened in Team Billand's world today.
LATE Team Billand Entry  
So my dear...I hope this gets to you...No CRITTERS today...Nobody was home. That really sucks. We covered from Maili Pt this morning to Hau Bush. THen in the afternoon we done from White Plains to Nimitz, off to Yokes, makua, Pray for sex, The Cliffs of Makua, Makaha Beach and then to Maili Beach, again...Still nothing. We tried.  Thanks for waiting, I'm sorry. I dont know why DB didnt get all my messages. Seal ya kid,   B

Maka'iwi

No comments: