Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mahalo to a very talented 6th grader

Aloha good people,
Much to our surprise a very large box was mailed to HMSRTO.... needless to say when we opened it we were very touched by this students creativity and thoughtfulness.  For the time being the sculpture can be seen at the Lanikai General Store @ 130 Kailua Road (Kailua Beach Center).  

Dear HMSRTO Volunteers:
I am in sixth grade at the Classical Academy, in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  This year we had the chance to do a project on any sea creature. Without second thought, I chose the monk seal.  :) While I was studying I got to learn all about the monk seal. For the project, we had to make a model of the animal. This model of the Caribbean monk seal is made of paper mรขchรฉ and has a wire frame. The eyebrows are made of clay, the eyes are made of buttons and the whiskers are made of broom bristles. I hop that you enjoy this model.

HAPPY MONK SEAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ,
Rohan Fisher


THANK YOU Rohan Fisher!!!  

4 comments:

barbara said...

Oh I love this sculpture, such a fine job. God bless you for such a touching gift.

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Vera said...

Hi Rohan,
We lived in the Springs for several years, and I still miss Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods and all the other fun places. Your sculpture is amazing, you did a wonderful job!
Vera

Heide Weber said...

Rohan,
You are amazing! I hope you got an A on this project! Thank you for sending it to us. I hope you get to Hawaii someday to see the seals!