Sunday, December 9, 2012

12-8-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0700 I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' at the back of Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island. She would move down and out of sight at 1019.

At 0710 I discovered M38 in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet. He too would later move down to cool off and remained at that location the rest of the day. His D#14 molt is 98%.

On a pan at 1020 I found what would prove to be Kekoa (RK72) fronting 1BS. He had apparently been hiding in the Morning Glory.
Tatiana called at 1036 with the report of an animal at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1044 I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' on the beach. I cordoned him off and he has remained the rest of the day.

On the way back to RI from the Buster call, I stopped at the Makapuu Overview for another perspective on RI. To my surprise I found Aukai, to the right side of Seal Rock lnlet. She was completely invisible from the pier.

When I got back to the pier at 1130 I noted that Kekoa was no longer visible, but just seconds later I spied two small , new coated, red tagged animals playing in the shore break fronting IBS. They woul frolick and play ranging as far as 2BS. At 1256 they hauled out at 2BS and galumphed to a spot 70 ft right, where they immediately went to snooze mode. The entire cast was still there when I departed the pier. I think it's very cool that all the young'ens are hanging out at Rabbit Island.... Hanging out, playing and growing up together.

Marilyn & Lesley, et.al. did the Ka'ena Point trek today. They initially found Benny (RE74) and RIP (RR70) together on the back beach. Both would enter the water, and Benny was later found on a rock in the main pool. RIP would show up later, and they had words, and Benny departed. On the groups way out to the Waianae side they found Benny again at the rock beach, a 3rd of the way in from the trail head.

Team Billand reported RI37 at Secrets. It sounded like a complete nightmare out there with a group of divers not respecting the cordon.

Dana called at 1613 to advise that R5AY had been reported on the beach in Hauula. She said volunteers were responding. Awaiting further word.

 KC @ MCBH
 Great shot of day two KCs visit to marine base
 Benny and Rip Ka'ena Point
 Mr. Green Benny
 awww don't be sad you'll be handsome soon enough
 Mr. Rip
 now that's a handsome dude
 And it wouldn't be complete without Benny mouthing off
 Boyz at the point!

No comments: