Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12-4-2012 DB's Dailies


The first order of business was to check Kaupo Beach Park . At 0600 I found that T21M had overnighted. I redid the cordon , and continued the adventure. T21M was gone on my 1135 recheck.

At 0720 I found M38 to the right of 1BS on Rabbit Island, and Kaiwi (RK96) at Rocky Right Beach. M38's D#10 molt is 60%. Kaiwi's D#7 molt is 90%.

At 0848 Jody called from Hanauma Bay with the report of an animal on the beach. When I arrived I found Irma (R010) , snoozin' on the beach.
Mark and Sean checked in at 0925 from Ka'ena Point where they found RIP (RR70), Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08) and Benny (RH58). They assessed Ka'ena's hook, and since it was so tiny they elected to just leave it. They got an N8 bleach on Kerby, and an N9 bleach on Ka'ena.

At 1030 Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) on the beach fronting #1705, Nimitz Cottages. He would be joined by Buster (RV08). They would spat, Buster would leave and return, and leave again at 1130. Kermit would spew a bit, and would relocate to Wind Sock at 1200.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1034 I found that Duke (RA12) had joined Kaiwi. They would only be visible from the Makapuu Overview.

At 1130 Jody would call again with the report of an animal at Toilet Bowl, Hanauma Bay. When I arrived at 1225 I found Rocky (RH58)

I had spoken with Mark at KP and he advised that he and Sean would be coming to Hanauma Bay. They attempted a bleach on Irma , but she just didn't cooperate. They did however get an N11 bleach on Rocky.
At 1536 Team Billand reported 2AW at Maili Beach Park.

An afternoon Dera email advised that people at the Tiki Moon Villa's (Azlina's Place) in Laie, with whom Lesley and Diga had spoken yesterday reported seeing an animal,off shore, "with a thing sticking up on it's back". I think we have our R5AY sighting for today.


 Tuesday is a very good day for seals at Hanauma Bay
 Rocky looking VERY full figured 
 
T21 @ Kaupo Beach Park 
Buster 
 Buster and Kermit - What the #$%^ you doing here?
 What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?
 Stop following me
 Blech... I have a fish ball
 Much better after coughing that up
 Kermit
 2AW @ Maili

No comments: