Tuesday, June 26, 2012

6-26-2012 DB's Dailies: M&M,Pup (D#14),Kolohe&UU@RI, Irma&Buster@KK, Kolohe@SC, Kaiwi@LL, Benny&Pohaku@Makaha, Right Spot@TB


At 0627 I found M&M (R020)&Pup (D#14) in the glare and haze of early morning Rabbit Island. They would remain all day, but once again remained only partially visible behind the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach. I did manage to get a shot of a fat , black head just above the rocks on a feed, but that was about it.

At 0731 I found (first I heard, then I found), Irma (R010) & Buster (RV08) in the pond at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock. Initially, they were interacting in the water. Buster wold depart at 0758, with a rising tide. Posse member Gayle would report his arrival at Spitting Cave at 0825. Irma remained, and hauled out to the rock flats. At 0926 Buster was back. He hauled out to join Irma, and they remained on the flats as I sloshed my way back to the path, 300 yds away at high tide. Posse member Linda called at 1810 to advise that they were still there.
When I got back to Makai Pier at 1137 I found Sadie (RB12) in the company of an U/U, on the far left end of the beach at RI. The U/U was behind Sadie the whole time, and departed at 1157. I did not see the animal again. I am certain that it was not yesterday's U/U.

At 1253 Gayle called with the report of an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived at 1305 I found what at 1349 , would finally prove to be Kolohe (RW22) . On a fluke wave his right side "cue ball" natural bleach came into view. A blown up tag shot also showed the RW23 right side tag.

At 1415 Gayle called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at Lanai Lookout .
At 1135 Team Billand found Benny (RE74) and Pohaku (RO28) together in Makaha. Barbara called to advise that the animals had departed at 1718. Apparently, there was the usual problem with mouthy idiots in the zone. Cops were call, but of course arrived after the fact. 
Good to have Team Billand back with something to report.... honestly I was worried after two whole days for no reports from the west side.  I think the seals were giving you guys a little break. 

Dera called at 1552 to report "N6" (Right Spot, R016) at the trailers, Turtle Bay Hotel. (N6 was spotted at Napili Bay on Sunday according to a comment posted on an earlier post. She was also photographed by Russell from the Nature Conservancy on Saturday.)

An email from Dera brought news that Rocky (RH58) weaned her pup today (D#38). She is no doubt headed this way as we speak. Look out Colleen she is coming home.

Irma and Buster at Irma's Grotto
 Buster I don't know if this is how you win over a pregnant momma
 M+M and Pup
 Sadie and U/U
 Kolohe showing off his natural bleach mark
 and tags
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout looking up 
 She's a little green, must be kermit's kid  
 Benny casa nova with Pohaku 
 Get off my butt ( I'd say something else but I know we have some young readers)
 Side by side
 Men, snoring away... while I am wide awake
 Benny wooing his woman
 going in for the kodak moment
 BENNY this is when you suppose to bite his butt
 50 shows up makes sure all is okay.

No comments: