Monday, June 18, 2012

6-18-2012 DB's Dailues:


At 0600 I found M&M and Pup (D#6), once again at Rocky Right Beach. They were up and down with the tides, and I managed to see a couple of feeds in the afternoon.

At 0617 I found Kolohe (RW22) just hauling out, to the water front rocks on the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. He would be by himself today. I never saw Noa, at RI, or any place else. Maybe tomorrow ????

 When I got back for my 1500 RI check , Kolohe was gone.

At 0620 I saw Sadie's brand new belly shining in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS, on RI. She would move down to the water line at 0930 and shortly thereafter she entered the water. On my 1500 recheck, she was on the beach, 50 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet, on RI.

At 0700 I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' in her "cave" at Lanai Lookout. She would remain there all day. I spent time with her from 1315 until 1415 and she was beginning to get hit by the occasional rising tide pulse, but she was still there when I left.

Team Billand called at 0900 with the report of Irma (R010) at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach.

Elves, Teri,Gayle & Kathy did a Kauai mission to spend the day with Rocky (RH58) and her pup , on the North Shore of Kauai. All concerned (elves & seals) are happy and well. They also reported seeing another Mom & Pup, and KP2's little, weaned brother. Photos tomorrow. Thanks guys..... Ya' Done Good !!!
WOW!  Great going elves... can't wait to see the pictures.  Did you meet up with some of the Kauai volunteers? 

 Kaiwi @ Lanai lookout 
 oops... she got soaked with that wave
 what the heck was that?
 And on the other side.... Momma Irma relaxing @ Wind sock
 Instead of calling her Big Momma... we call her Enormous Momma
 Great shot
 Irma practicing her singing
 Tossing a little sand in the air

No comments: