Friday, June 22, 2012

6-22-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0625 I found M&M (R020)&Pup (D#10) as usual, at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island. They moved with the tides, and the pup looked active and healthy. I observed 3 feeds, but most of what happens is out of my line of sight.

At 0855 I found Kolohe (RW22) on the water front rocks, right of Seal Rock Inlet. He was aware of Mom and the kid, and galumphed that way through the morning, but stopped at approximately 50 ft away.
At 1207 Gayle called with the report of an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived at 1224 I confirmed the Buster (RV08) ID, by his N21 bleach.

At 1338 posse member Linda called with the report of Buster just hauling out to the rocks at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock. She got confirming shots, but he departed at 1355 , before my arrival.

At 1425 I found Sadie (RB12) in the company of Kolohe at the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island.
I had been on the Irma Quest all morning, so when Colleen called to advise that Irma was not at Diamond Head, I was expecting the other Irma shoe to drop. Colleen and I both agreed to NOT use "the W word". 

Alas, it made no difference for at 0824 Dera called with those most dreaded of all words...... an animal in Waikiki , between 2F and 2E lifeguard stands. Of course, it would prove to be Irma (R010). For all of those of you who toiled amongst all the greasy people.... Ya' Done Good !!!! At sundown Irma remained.

 MM and Pup Day 10
  Kolohe and Sadie
 Buster @ Spitting Cave
 
 Irma Big Momma Waikiki
 Irma why why why?
 Big Momma better find some place soon to relax and have her baby

1 comment:

Dana Jones said...

Many thanks to the team that watched over Irma ALL DAY yesterday. I delivered signs to Karen Rohter, the first responder, and the day progressed from there to Natalie Waters, Colleen Heyer, Kathy Sagum, Don Ruch, and finally Charles Lee. It does take a village for Waikiki.......Mahalo to you all. Dana