Monday, June 11, 2012

6-11-2012 DB Dailies: M&M,Kolohe,Kekoa,Sadie@RI, Benny@KPB, Irma@WP,RI37@Laniakea, U/U@Sunset


At 0557 I found M&M (R020) at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island. Unfortunately, at that location she could only be seen from the Makapuu Overview, At 0734 she began moving down to cool off, and by 0950 she was no longer visible from MO, and any place else. Though I checked throughout the day I was never able to see her. On a 1637 check from MO, I found that M&M was now visible. I could not see any evidence of a pup yet.

At 0624 Kekoa (RK72) hauled out fronting Right Greenery on RI, and galumphed up to the vegetation line , high on the beach. He was moved down again at 0950 and disappeared shortly thereafter , only to haul out again at Left Point Beach at 1009. He remained there a while and then reentered the water, only to haul out again to the Waimanalo side of Left Point Beach. He was gone on my 1408 RI check. At 1657 I found Kekoa in the company of Sadie at the left end of the island.

At 0925 I found Sadie (RB12) moving down from her hiding spot behind the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. She had no doubt been there all along. She was gone when I got back for my 0950 check. On my 1657 check I found Sadie, 5% molted at the far left end of the beach. I checked her history and sure enough she is a June molter.

At 0950 I found Kolohe (RW22) at Seal Rock Inlet. On my 1657 check, Kolohe was gone from Seal Rock Inlet, but at 1700 he hauled out to briefly interact with Sadie and Kekoa who were at the left end of the beach.
Dera called at 1339 with the report of an animal at Kaupo Beach Park. When I arrived I found Benny (RE74) on the tide pool rocks. I think he was probably the UU who passed through Magic Island, and Ft Derussy yesterday, but ?????

Team Billand checked in at 0925 with the report of Irma (R010) between Tower#2 and #1708 at White Plains.

Dera called at 0934 to advise that Jeannie Martinson had reported an animal at Sunset Beach. I've received no further word on that haul out.

Dera called at 1028 with the report of a tagged animal at Laniakea. Dana called to confirme the RI37 ID at 1344. She called again at 1445 to advise that RI37 had departed.

In the Yesterday's News department, Teri sent photos of Kaiwi at Lanai Lookout yesterday. Since she was not seen today, I thought this a way to provide a Kaiwi fix for those that are Jonezin' for a Kaiwi moment.

 Sadie, Kolohe and Kekoa
 Kekoa  
  Kolohe
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout on 6-10-2012 
 can't miss a day of cuteness
 Benny @ Kaupo Beach Park

 Irma @ White Plains
 Big Momma where you going?

No comments: