Monday, June 25, 2012

6-25-2012 DB's Dailies: M&M, Pup (D#13),Kolohe& U/M @ RI, Buster @ SC&KK


The morning was drizzly and gray, making observations difficult. At 0615 I found M&M (R020) & Pup (D#13) still at Rocky Right Beach. Once again they were only partially visible behind the water front rocks all day.

At 0716 I found Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave. He would move further into the bay at around 0743, but then came back to SC at 0829 according to posse member Kimo.

Gayle was with us for a bit at SC, but departed to join the other Elves, munchin' crumpets at Zeeny's, with a spot of tea.

The boyz, Kimo, Buster and I continued the Irma Quest. We never found her. Gayle would report Buster snoozin' at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, at 1238.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0930 I found Kolohe (RW22) at the far left end of the beach. He would remain there all day.

On a pan at 0943 I became aware of an U/M at Rocky Right Beach, well away from Mom and the kid. I was never able to ID this animal. He appeared to have a light, juvenile looking belly, with 2 red tags. I could see a line of small scars running across the right side of his chest, but that was the extent of the ID info in today's conditions. He would move down behind the rocks at 1056, and when I checked from MO at 1200 he was not visible. I checked my entire photo database when I got home and I have a possible, but I'll wait and see what can be gleaned tomorrow. before making a fool of myself.

A late email from Dera, at 1726 brought word from Reef Runway posse person Eileen, that she saw a probable Kekoa (RK72), and she advised that he seems to have lost his transmitter. She said she saw a pink patch were the transmitter used to be. Hopefully, we can firm up that report soon.

Buster
 
 Kolohe 
 Unidentified Male

No comments: