Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11/2015 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi,Kainoa,Aukai,Cass&U/M@RI, Rocky & Buster@Hanauma Bay, RL42@Makua Cliffs

On my first look at Rabbit Island, from the Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) just hauling out to the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet.

 Right behind her at 0722 came Kainoa (RN04). Both went to snooze mode.

 When I got back to Makai Pier at 0830 both Kaiwi & Kainoa were still right where I’d left them, but they had now been joined by what would turn out to be an U/M, just beginning to molt (1%). I was never able to ID this animal, though he was there all day. Maybe tomorrow ?????

 At 0958 Jack (At The Bay) called with the report of 2 animals on the left side ledge at Hanauma Bay. When I got down there at 1030 I found Buster (RV08) in the company of Rocky (RH58) ! Jack would call again at 1145 to advise that both had entered the water. Yet another call from Jack at 1308 advised that both had attempted to haul out to the beach, but the adoring hordes would not allow it. I went to HB and spent the afternoon observing from on top, but never saw anybody.

 Speaking of Rocky... while she was hangin’ with Buster, Val Bloy spent time with Rocky’s son (RG58) on Kauai today.

 Back at RI, at 1223 I found Aukai (RL12) hauling out to join Kaiwi,Kainoa & the UM.

 On a pan at 1254 on a pan I found Cass (RG06) hauling out to the left end of the beach on RI.

 Team Billand called at 1225 with the report of RL42 at Makua Cliffs.

 Kaiwi Kainoa and Aukai
 Rocky's boy RG58 hanging onto something.... 
 Buster 
 Rocky
 RL42

1 comment:

Val said...

Hey Bloglady, think little "Rocko" had some sea cucumber goo on his chin!! LOL