Wednesday, October 9, 2013

10-9-2013 DB's Dailies:Irma@MB, Kea&Buster@SB, Kolohe,Duke&Nani@RI, Sadie@Mokes, Makaiwi&Kermit@WP, Pohaku@Secrets, Kerby@Maili

I was batting zero on the trek until 0847 when I found Irma (R010) at Makapuu Beach. I cordoned her off and she remains. I picked up the stuff at 1845. Irma remains
 
At 0916 on my first Rabbit Island check I found Kolohe (RW22), 80% molted, at Seal Rock Inlet. He would be joined at 0931 by Nani (RK60).
 
Also at 0916 I found a barely visible animal with a light brown coat hidden behind rocks at Rocky Right Beach. It was gone when I got back for my 2nd look.
 
At 1145 I found Duke (RA12) at the far left end of RI.
 
At 0943 posse member Kathy Sagum called with the report of Kea (RN46) at Crappy Cove. When I arrived Kea was lolling in the shallows at the east end. We put up an SPZ but where barely done when he departed, swimming east, and hauling out at 1024 to the gnarly rocks at his favorite tide pool east of CC. He was still there at dark.
 
Gayle called at 1728 to report Buster (RV08) cruising the near shore waters of Crappy Cove. He rarely goes there. When I arrived he was lolling close to shore, but headed out shortly thereafter and we lost him.
 
Team Billand called at 0642 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1706 White Plains.
 
The highlight of the day came at 1113 with a call from Cianna advising that Sadie (RB12) had been seen on the Mokes today. I’d last seen her shortly after weaning Kainoa, on 7-3-13, on Rabbit Island. That was fantastic news, and together with getting yesterday’s ID info on Nani yesterday, really makes the week. Now if I can just find Kainoa ?????
 
At 1137 Team Billand advised that they had received word of an animal at Secrets. Dana would call at 1144 to advise that Linda had confirmed Pohaku (RO28).
 
At 1446 Team Billand reported Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point. 

At 1532 the Billands reported Kermit (R012) had joined Makaiwi at White Plains


 Irma giving new meaning woman's beauty treatment skin peel 
  Irma at Makapuu
 Kea @ Sandy's
 Kolohe and Nani
 U/F
HEERRRRE's Sadie back on the Mokes. 
This morning I saw a post about a seal on the mokes... later in the day I checked in with my KSK folks and sure enough they came through with some great shots (thank you Sarah)... NOW when I sent the shots over to DB I was guessing a possible right spot knowing she was in the neighborhood.... but no I was wrong and thrilled about it....
 DB did get a heads up there was seal on the mokes in the morning and whoever it was called in RB12~Cianna let DB know... but now we have the pics to prove it....
Kerby at Maili! 

No comments: