Wednesday, August 31, 2016

8/31/2016 DB'S DAILIES: U/M@Rabbit Island, Kawena@AD, Nihoa@Guard Rails, Benny&Pohaku@CIP, RIP@20MIN, Rock@Hale Koa, BG &Ka'ale & BG@Mokuleia, Lei Ola@Turtle Bay

Marilyn found Kawena (RH36) at her tide pool, on her morning check. I’ve heard that she remained in the area all day.

 Though I arrived at Makai Pier at 0800, it was 1236 before I saw a critter. It was looking like this was going to be another zero day, but thankfully somebody showed up. Somebody is what it will have to remain. This was a probable adult sized male, with 2 red tags, and some algae build up, but he never gave me anything to work with. It could be a coupla’ different possibles, but I’ll wait for tomorrow to see what I can see.

 Having somebody at RI was great, but the highlight of my day came at 0915 when Makai Ocean Engineering software engineer, Adrian Jelffs came out to my office, saying that his friend, Rage Day (howz that for a name !), had sent him a photo of an animal at the Hale Koa in Waikiki.... did I know who it was ? He was suitable impressed when in a heartbeat I said “Yeah, thats Rocky”. Rocky (RH58) it was. He had gotten a great shot of her ventral side, showing her fishing line scar at the corners of her mouth and her left front nipple scar.

 At 0618 Team Billand called with the report of Nihoa (R912) on her 5th day at Maili Guard Rails.

 At 0730 they found Pohaku (RO28)&Benny (RE74) once again at Campbell Industrial Park.

 At 1145 they found RIP (RR70) at the 20Min mark on the Waianae side , KP trail.

 Tammy T., braved the Ka’ena Point trek, and her repayment for that above & beyond trek ?........Zero !!! All was not lost however, on the way home she found Ka’ale & a 99% molted BG (R303) at separate location, Mokuleia.

 Karen Turner shots of Lei Ola (RH48) from her day at Turtle Bay, arrived at 1632. Thank you Karen... Ya’ Done Good !!

rocky 
 u/m 
nihoa
 pohaku and benny
 looks like their having a conversation
 Rip
BG
 oh she's looking good with her new coat
 Ka'ale
 Love these close up shots of these beautiful innocent faces
Lei Ola
 oh boy got myself a sea cucumber
 yup got me some grub
 guess i'm lucky it didn't explode on my face

No comments: