Tuesday, February 24, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 2/24/2009

The Rabbit Island crew proved difficult to identify. There were 3 critters there today, but I only managed to ID R301 at the right end of the beach. I first saw him at 0716, and he was still there on my next check at 0930. He had departed by the time I got back to the pier at 1500.

There was an animal tucked in to the base of the Middle Cliff, at the left end. Though the animal was there all day, I was never able to gleen anything except that it was a medium sized animal with 2 red tags, The animal literally never moved in my presence.

The 3rd member of the cast was a medium sized male, with 2 red tags, but he too never gave me anything at all to allow an ID.

Since the Billands were doing RO42 duty today, I decided to do a SW quadrant check. I departed the pier at 1100 and checked White Plains to Campbell Industrial Park. The only critter was Kermit (1230) cruisin' and snoozin' at the Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. The Billands called on their way home at 1817 to say that Kermit was still there.

The Billands also reported 2AW at Kahe Power Plant this morning at 0958.
R301RIP










Unidentified Male

Unidentified Unknown

No comments: