Tuesday, August 16, 2016

8/16/2016 DB's Dailies: Kea&UF@Rabbit Island, Kawena@AD, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, Benny@Waikomo's, RIP,Ka'ena&UU@Ka'ena Point, Rocky@Iroquois Point

Marilyn reported Kawena (RH76) at AD on her 0600 check.

 I got to Makai Pier at 0819 but it would be 1147 before I saw my first animal. On a pan at 1147 I found what would prove to be Kea (RN46) in the company of an U/F with an older coat, and 2 red tags, that I was never able to confirm. She was not any of the RI girls that have molted there of late. This female definitely had facial algae, and an older coat. I was hopin’ for Kaiwi, but I can’t say that I saw anything that would confirm that. Maybe tomorrow.

 At 1440 I found a snoozin’ Kolohe (RW22), once again at the Lanai Lookout flats.

 Team Billand’s first check in came at 0828 with the report of Benny (RE74) at Waikomo’s.

 She swore she was gonna’ check the 20Min spot, but no KP today. At 1034 Barbara reported RIP (RR70) on the back beach, Ka’ena Point.

 At 1052 she found Ka’ena (RO40) on the runway. An U/U swam in and after words, both departed. 

Team Billand called at 1535 to advise that they had gotten a call about an animal at Iroquois Point, and were responding. At text 45 minutes later advised that they were in nightmare westside traffic (contraflow), and had gone 1 mile. Just in case they are stuck in traffic forever, you might have to wait until morning to see the Billand’s shots for today on the blog. At 1713 they confirmed that it was Rocky (RH58). Now for the lonnnng trip home !

Kawena
 
 Kolohe 
 UF and Kea
 Ka'ena & UU
 Ka'ena
 Don't fall off....
 RIP
 UU at Ka'ena Point
Benny
 Rocky 

No comments: