Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yester-Year: T15M in the Beginning

THANK YOU Brenda!!  These photos are great!!!!  Amazing to see T15M so young.... Reminds me of the photo Tracy sent me of Chester a couple of years ago when he was a mere young en.... it was dated in 87 too.  I know they were both part of the Laysan Eight that were transl-located from the NWHI.

Actually, Brenda or Tracy any information, stories you can share especially about these photos would be greatly appreciated.  Who were the Laysan Eight.... Chester, T15M, 2AW... and ?????

For the rest of our readers enjoy the snapshots.

2 comments:

Heide Joy Weber said...

I would enjoy hearing about the days leading up to the decision to translocate the seals, why those eight were chosen and how the transport and subsequent monitoring went. I know NOAA folks check this blog over their first cups of coffee. Don't just be blog spies! Comment! ;)

bb said...

Yes that would be cool to read about, I agree Heidi. HEY HOW ARE YOU????

And I was wondering if there was as much opposition with the local fishermen back then as we have TODAY...in bringing seals to THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

I am thrilled you guys did bring in those seals as us Volunteers got to learn all about their habits and behaviors...really a big deal for us guys. Such great seals to know....and most recent death of Sharkbite, a most tragic occurance. But as some say...at least he lived along life..YES...but still so sad the way he left.

B