Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A message from the blog lady

Aloha everyone....
Lately I have noticed the blog has been getting a lot of spam in the comments area. Since there is no longer word verification this was bound to happen. I know the word verification was becoming a pain for some people so I did away with it.  Honestly, I don't like the spam and was wondering if I should reinstate the word verification option.
Having said that..... I want it to be said here and now from me .... I will NOT TOLERATE any coward hiding behind a anonymous posting to personally insult someone else.... If you have an issue with someone grow some and deal with the person directly. DO NOT USE this blog and the people who spend time caring about the monk seals for your personal crap. 
Okay.... I said my piece....  If it happens again I will change the comments area so you have to log in in order to make a comment.  ~da blog lady~  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is right, Donna. I could not agree more! Life is so short. It is our collective kuleana spread aloha!  Not negativity. I really pitty those who are so full of negativity that they lurk online and attempt to pick fights by making crass/immature remarks. May those lost souls find solace and learn compassion by actually doing something positive in their lives. Imagine what one could do if they harnessed all that energy and used
It to help bring change!

LIVE PONO!

Lauray

(Lauray)

Diga said...

I vote to turn word verification on. Businesses who leave these posts only make a person not want to do business with them.

Diane

Diga said...

Well said Donna and Lauray. It's a shame that someone would want to bring their ego and negativity to this positive forum. We don't want to hear it!

Diane

Unknown said...

I would like to know these businesses, political entities, etc. That way I can boycott, not vote for them, and otherwise not support them.

Heide said...

Word verification is a pain, but it is necessary. I think the anonymous identity option should be removed, too.

Tony said...

Turn both of them on.

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.