Thursday, July 26, 2012

7-26-2012 DB's Dailies: Kolohe@Aukai@RI, Buster@SC, Kaiwi@LL, Pohaku@KoOlina, Rocky@IRQ


At 0715 I found Buster (RV08) doing 7-8 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

Gayle called at 0718 with the report that Kaiwi (RK96) had overnighted at Lanai Lookout.

On my 0600, in crappy morning lighting I'd seen nobody on Rabbit Island, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0945 I found Kolohe (RW22) snoozin' on the left end rock flats, where he remained all day.

On a pan at 0947 I chanced to see a partially visible , white , weaner belly. It was Aukai, 50 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. Though there was lots of repositioning, the weaner remained at that spot , never giving me anymore, until 1450 when the kid moved into the water and I lost it. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview at 1500 but the afternoon heat distortion made it impossible to see anything.
Hmmm, I read this, re-read it, then went to yesterday's dailies.... I guess we have a weaner on Day 44....  DB, you left out an important announcement, M&M has left the building. 

At 0807 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Banyan Tree Beach, KoOlina.

At 1551 Vera called to advise that Iroquois Point security had called her about an animal at IRQ. Clay called to confirm that it was Rocky (RH58).

 Wee white bellied weaner Aukai
 Buster N21 @ spitting cave 
 Will someone please dim that light!
 awww better, what time is it?
 Pohaku RO28 
 This lady has so many scars on her head
 an adoring fan who doesn't know how to read, or can't SEE
 Rocky rockstar resting Iroquois Point

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote in the 7-25 edition of the dailies that Mom&Pup were together in the morning, but then at 1509 "the saddest little weaner you ever saw" haul out alone" . I thought that said it, but Yes, as of D#43 we have a weaner. DB