Sunday, July 1, 2012

7-1-2012 DB's Dailies: M&M,Pup(D#19)@RI, Irma@MB, Buster@SC&KK, Kerby&Benny@Maili Pt, Rocky@IRQ


Posse member Kimo called at 0528 to advise that Irma (R010) had overnighted at Makapuu Beach. When I got there at 0536 I confirmed the Irma ID, and redid the cordon. She has remained all day. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 2000. Irma remained.

At 0629 I found M&M (R020)&Pup (D#19) at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island. They would remain all day and were never more than partially visible. I did manage to see the top of the kid's head on a feed.

At 0650 Kimo called with the report of Buster (RV08) at Spitting Cave. When I arrived at 0706 I confirmed the Buster ID, and noted 6 minute dives. Just has he has done the last few days, Buster is in patrol mode at SC, with the occasional run to check KK, and then by to SC.

Just to illustrate that point, Kimo called at 0850 to advise that he had just found Buster at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock. Marilyn also responded to the flats . 

The afternoon 2.5 high tide would make it impossible for him to remain there.

Later in the day, at 1441 I rechecked Spitting Cave, and Buster was back on patrol, doing 7 minute dives.
Team Billand called at 0634 with the report of Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point.

At 1007 they report the arrival of Benny (RE74). Benny would check it out and depart, only to return again to join Kerby, and then depart again . Kerby would also depart with the rising high tide.

The highlight of the day began at 1538 with a call from Dera reporting an animal at Iroquois Point. I managed to contact Team Billand, and they in turn contacted posse member Clay at IRQ, who confirmed the Rocky (RH58) ID at 1618.

 Irma @ Makapuu 
 Buster @ Spitting Cave 
then Buster @ Kokee flats  
 Kokee flats and at one point he was at Irma's Grotto
Kerby @ Maili Point
 
 and here comes..... Benny
 popping up checking out the scene
 here I am
 either Benny is winking or he has an eye injury
 Benny and Kerby
 Welcome home Rocky and thank you for leaving Waikiki
 I bet Clay was delighted to see Rocky @ Iroquois

No comments: