Thursday, July 12, 2012

7-12-2012 DB's Dailies


On my first pass through the SE quadrant I was batting zero. It was not until my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1020 that I finally found critters. At that time I found M&M (R020)& Pup (D#30) doing a feed just above the water line at Rocky Right Beach on Rabbit Island. I'm sure they had been doing a water session on my earlier look, and were out of my line of sight. When I got back in the afternoon they were in full snooze mode. Mom is lookin' pretty slack in the abdominal area as you would expect on D#30. They kid is fat and happy. The "ballpark" estimate for weaning is kinda'/sorta 7-24, so we have a couple more weeks yet.

Also at 1020 I found Kolohe (RW22) on the beach front incline, 50 ft left of 1BS, on RI. He would move up with the rising tide, and remained there all day.

My Part time Portlock Posse Person called at 1027 with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) doing leisurely dives off shore of China Walls, Portlock. The encounter was brief.

At 1218 the same posse member called with the report of a newly arrived Kaiwi at Lanai Lookout.

Team Billand checked in at 1930 to advise that they had just gotten a call from Clay at Iroquois Point, reporting that Rocky (RH58) had just hauled out.

 Kolohe

No comments: