Sunday, July 1, 2012

6-30-2012 DB Dailies: M&M,Pup(D#18),Kolohe@RI, Kaiwi&Buster@SC, Kaiwi@LL, Irma@MB, Rocky@Hale Koa, Kerby&RIP@Maili Pt, Ewa Girl@WSK, Ka'ena@KP



I was on the road at 0535. The first stop was Makapuu. Irma was gone.

At 0720 as I settled my substantial butt on to the SC rocks I looked down at the cave entrance and there were Kaiwi (RK96) and Buster (RV08) playing. Kaiwi was intent on getting the big guy off her and was heading for the point, with Buster right behind. The entire event lasted 1 minute. I was intent on getting the ID, and consequently got only a couple of crappy shots. At 0803 Buster would return to Spitting Cave and resumed his patrol of the area, continuing his Irma Quest.

At 0850 on my Lanai Lookout check, I lucked out and found Kaiwi just hauling out to the flats. Elves would be with her a lot of the day, and she has remained there.

My first Rabbit Island check at 0620 I had barely been able to see M&M (R020)&Pupd(D#18) in the morning glare. When I got back at 1030 they had moved down behind the water front rocks, and were barely visible all day.

At the left end of the beach I found that Kolohe (RW22) had arrived. He would remain there by himself, all day.
I had so many checks of Makapuu that I lost count, my last being at 1025. There was nobody. Posse member June called at 1049 to advise that somebody was on the beach at the right end. Sure enough when I arrived at 1058 I found Irma (R010) snoozin' away. I cordoned her off, and she has remained all day.

The real highlight of the day began with back to back calls from first Dera and then Dana, reporting an animal at the Hale Koa Hotel, in Waikiki. There was Zero doubt in my mind about who that could be. Dana confirmed the Rocky (RH58) ID at 0805. I've gotten no further reports as of this writing.
Team Billand called at 0836 with the report of Kerby (RW08) and RIP (RR70) together at Maili Point.
At 0926 they reported Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach.

Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found Ka'ena (RO40) at 0945. He would depart at 1100. Posse member Ken called at 1311 to advise that Ka'ena had hauled out again.

 Ka'ena @ Ka'ena point 
 Kaiwi and Buster @ spitting cave
 Buster
 Irma @ Makapuu
 Summer Saturday Beach day
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout
 Kaiwi in her rubber ducky pose
 Aqua kids crew with Dana
 Rocky comes through and shows up in Waikiki for the Aqua Kids filming
 Funny how Rocky comes right back to Oahu after weaning her pup... she could have stayed on Kauai and had a few more meals before making the trip.
Ewa Girl @ Windsock.... we were wondering where you were
 Okay big Momma this is your week coming up.... pick a good safe spot like Rabbit Island
 RIP @ Maili
RIP and Kerby
 Kerby getting a little green

No comments: