Wednesday, July 18, 2012

7-18-2012 DB Dailies: M&M,Pup(D#36),Kolohe&Kekoa@RI, Kaiwi@LL, Rocky@MI&Hale Koa, Irma@WSK, Kerby@Maili Pt


At 0623 I found M&M (R020)&Pup (D#36) in the midst of a water session, within the Rocky Right Beach cove at Rabbit Island. I was doing most of the observations from Makai Pier today, so I got only occasional glimpses of the duo until they hauled out to full view at RRB at 1301. They did a feed and a snooze and reentered the water at 1500.

At 0945 I found Kekoa (RK72) tucked into the base of the cliff, 100 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island.
Also at 0945 on a pan I found a newly hauled out Kolohe (RW22) just moving up on the Waimanalo side of Left Point Beach.

At 1118 Kekoa began moving down to join Kolohe. Though there was virtually no interaction, the two spent the rest of the day together.

At 1103 Gayle called with the news of Kaiwi (RK96) at Lanai Lookout. We haven't seen the girl in a coupla' days so that was excellent news. Zeeny reported that Kaiwi departed at 1840.

At 0652 Team Billand checked in with the news of Irma (R010) at Wind Sock.

At 0915 they found Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point.

I got a call from Ocean Safety (Lifeguards) at 1108 reporting an animal in the trough at Magic Island. I notified Dana at 1109. Of course it would prove to be Rocky (RH58). Dana reported her departure at 1450. It would be grrrrrreat if that were the end of the tale, but .........
At 1652 Dana called to report that Rocky (RH58) had just hauled out to the Hale Koa Hotel beach, at the Hilton Pier end. Bummer !!!! I heard Colleen's name but for the rest of the unsung heroes. Thank You................very much !!

Ordinarily I'd say that the "Duh???" requirement has been satisfied, and that the Magic Island, and Hale Koa animals are Rocky, but the photos received from Dera, of the Hale Koa animal are inconclusive, and the animal appears to be fatter and happier that recent shots of Rocky. I just can't say that I'm certain that those shots are of Rocky. What makes me a bit skiddish is a 1944 email from Dana reporting that posse member Todd reported another animal swimming round off shore of the Hale Koa site. I've heard nothing further at this writing. Please forgive me for being undecided on these shots. I'm just not sure ???????

Day 36 M+M and pup (nice shot of the little porker) 
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout 
Thank you to the elves 
 Hmmm DB can't call it so it's a unidentified unknown...  
 Rocky or not
 Irma @ Wind Sock
 An Irma fan.... 
so peaceful
 well at least everyone is letting this seal sleep 
 Kerby back at Maili
 beefy boy.... 

No comments: