Sunday, July 8, 2012

7-8-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0628 I found M&M (R020)&Pup(D#26) at Rocky Right Beach, Rabbit Island. They were visible in the early morning, but then moved down and out of sight. I relocated to Makapuu Overview a couple of times ,but the pup was always hidden behind Mom.The heat distortion was horrible so I never got a decent shot.

At 0722 Buster (RV08) would show up at Spitting Cave , but only for a couple of ups. He disappeared after that. After 3 rounds of no shows, I relocated to the Kokee Flats, arriving at Irma's Grotto at 0815, just as my phone rang. It was Gayle , gleefully telling me that Buster had just arrived back at SC. @*@^!!!!!

At 0900 I got back to Makai Pier and found that Kolohe (RW22) and Sadie (RB12) had join the RI cast at 1BS. They would remain there together the rest of the day .

I did an afternoon rechecks of Spitting Cave, Kokee, China Walls and Lanai Lookout, finding nobody. Just as I was finishing up at LL, at 1415, a part time, Portlock, posse person called to advise that a friend had reported " a humongous seal" between China Walls, and Fingers. I'd just been there 15 minutes earlier and had seen nothing, but back I went to CW. Immediately upon arrival I found Buster down in a surge channel, behind the first house inside CW. He usually hauls out to the flats behind the house, but this time he was out of my line of sight. They only reason I saw him was the family that was standing right at his location. I spoke with them afterward and have made a new posse member. I spoke with Sierra, the young girl who had reported Buster. She done good !! Buster departed at heading in a SC direction at 1436.
I relocated to Spitting Cave, and at 1459 Buster popped up fronting the 1st point. I saw one additional up and then lost him in the afternoon glare. I did not see him again.

Team Billand called with the report of Irma (R010) at Iroquois Point at 0905. She would depart of her own volition, headed east , at 1500. Tomorrow ?????

A friend called at 1615 with the report of Ua Malie (RT10) at High Rock.

Buster @ spitting cave
Buster @ Kokee flats with new posse family
 
 more posse?
 Clay taking care of  Irma at Iroquois.... seems like the ladies like hanging out with Clay (between rocky and irma) 
 Ok is she ?  or isn't she?  
 Very sweet shot of Irma
 She doesn't look it here..... don't know

No comments: