Wednesday, July 4, 2012

7-4-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0630 I found M&M (R020)&Pup (D#22), high on the beach at Rocky Right Beach, Rabbit Island. They would later move down and completely out of sight, however they would move up in the afternoon with the rising tide, allowing me to get a few shots.

At 0646 I found what would prove to be Sadie (RB12) up behind the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS, on RI. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0918 she had moved down to the beach front incline.

At 0715 I found Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave. He failed to surface for his 0749 up, so posse member Gayle went to check the Kokee Flats. At 0827 she reported Buster snoozin' on the rocks at Irma's Grotto.

I got back to Makai Pier at 0918. At 1053 what, hours later, would prove to be Benny (RE74) hauled out and moved directly to Sadie. There was Benny level interaction until about 1002 when things calmed down, at least for a moment. It took me until 1404 to finally confirm the Benny ID.

At 1114 Kolohe (RW22) did the first of many attempts to haul out to Sadie & Benny's location. There were so many I lost count. At every attempt Benny was on him in a flash and Kolohe was beatin' flipper back to the water. To his credit however, he never gave up. He would always remain in the area, just off shore, waiting for his next opportunity. It never worked (At least as of my departure).

At 0744 Dana called with the report of RI37 at Laniakea. She had apparently overnighted. She would depart at 1051.

Also at 0744 Dana reported an animal in Kaaawa. Karen Turner confirmed the R5AY ID. R5AY would depart at 1100.

Charles wrote to ask to use a shot of RIP for something on Facebook, for the 4th. For my fellow non-Bookers, I've attached it here. RIP was a lad of 2 at the time. Happy 4th of July.

HAPPY 4th.... Hope you all had a wonderful day!
 Pup and M+M 
 Sadie and Benny.... 
 Sadie, Benny and Kolohe
 R5AY @ Kaaawa  
 Any day now.... Karen I would scout out the keiki pond
 Buster @ Spitting Cave
 Buster @ Kokee Flats

No comments: