Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12-6-11 DB Dailies and More

On the road at 0615. The quest was fruitless until my arrival at Spitting Cave at 0827. There I found Buster (RV08) and Kolohe (RW22) foraging separately to the right of the big rock. Around 0900 or so Buster moved off further into the bay, and I did not see him again. Kolohe remained.

 I was in good company today. Posse members Gayle, Kathy, Terry and Susan were all there. With all that help I decided to make another pass through the quadrant to look for Kaiwi. My substantial butt had just hit the car seat when Terry called to advise "you better come back down here... I see an animal with a transmitter". Down the trail I scurried, and sure enough Terry's eagle eye had found a small animal with a transmitter, between the cave and the point, in a very inhospitable location. Initially , I could not find a bleach, but after repositioning to a spot directly above the cave, therrrrrre was that big, beautiful N19 bleach.

At 0953 we knew it was Kaiwi (RK96). I departed SC at 1130 to check the quadrant again. When I came back for a 1400 to 1430 recheck, both Kaiwi and Kolohe were still there. There was never any observed interaction between any of today's critters.

Team Billand was on it again today, as usual. At 0800 they reported Kermit (R4DG) and Irma (R010) together ....again, fronting #1708, White Plains.

 At 1344 the Billands found M&M (R020) at Tracks.

 At 1525 the Billands called to advise that posse member Clay Gates had called them to report Rocky (RH58) newly hauled out at 1500, at Iroquois Point.

 Dera checked in at 1207, reporting that volunteer Joy Silver was with an U/U at Shark's Cove on the North Shore. The description provided suggests KC. Awaiting confirmation.

Gayle and Kathy high up on the cliff
 Posse members Terry and Susan
 Star of the day N19 Kaiwi 
 There goes that antenna Kaiwi
 Rocky left fore flipper bleach spot.... 
 Rocky resting @ Iroquois 
 IRMA- need I say more
 Together again Kermit and Irma at white plains
 goodnight kermit.... goodnight irma
 M+M at tracks
 M+M looking happy and healthy

No comments: