Saturday, December 24, 2011

12-23-11 DB's Dailies Kaiwi@SB, Irma@MB, Buster,M38&Nani@RI, RO28@Elec.Bch, Kermit@KR, Ka'ena&761@KP


I was batting zero on the morning circuit until I arrived at Makapuu Beach at 0650. There I found Irma (R010), at the base of the hill leading down to the beach. I cordoned her off and she has remained all day. Irma departed at 1823.

I continued the adventure, hitting all the regular spots. Gayle was also out trodding the territory. We weren't having any luck. At 0940 I pulled into Crappy Cove for the umpteenth time and therrrrrrre was the familiar little rump stickin' out of the Naupaka. Kaiwi (RK96) was back. She moved down into the water front rocks at 1150. Much thanks to Gayle,Kathy,Marie,Z&P and Marilyn for answering the call.
I hadn't seen anybody on Rabbit Island on my early morning check, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 1257 I found Buster (RV08), Nani (RK60), and RM38 all at the left end of the beach, each about 20 ft apart, There was never any observed interaction. I was especially happy to see Buster since he has been MIA since 12-12-11. I was hoping he was off molting but he is just as crusty as ever.

Team Billand checked in at 0725 reporting Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach.

A 0839 they found Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz Jetty.

Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today and found Ka'ena (RO40) and what I believe to be 761. They were playing in the water for most of Marilyn's stay, and access to them was difficult because of hordes of people, (who had no qualms at all about up close and personal access). Only Ka'ena hauled out

Buster - Nani - RM38 (amazing since DB is sitting at the pier)
 Irma @ Makapuu Beach 
 
 And here's Kaiwi tucked away
 On her way down to the rocks
 761 and Ka'ena canoodling 
 Canoodling a little on the rough side
 761
 Ka'ena
 Kermit @ Nimitz
 Kermit might need to hit the gym soom 
 RO28 @ Electric Beach
 

No comments: