Saturday, December 17, 2011

12-17-11 DB Dailies and More


At 0713 I found Irma (R010) once again at the far right end of Makapuu Beach. I got her cordoned off, and she has remained all day.

At 0803 I found Nani (RK60) just hauling out fronting 1BS on Rabbit Island. M38 was in the water with her, but couldn't get his butt up and over the rocks, so he did not follow. Also at 0803 I found Kolohe (RW22) snoozin' in the Morning Glory behind Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1010 I found that both M38 and Kolohe were together at Seal Rock Inlet.

Despite lots of lookin' Kaiwi was a no show today. Dera said the last transmitter data showed her somewhere between Hanauma Bay and Sandy Beach. I meant to attach a photo to last night's daily taken by diver Paul Hasley on 12-14-11. It is a shot of Kaiwi off of Lanai Lookout. I have attached it to today's news.

Team Billand checked in at 1015 with the report of Ewa Girl (RS00) on the east side of Wind Sock.

Marilyn trekked to Ka'ena Point today, and upon arrival found three U/Us playing in the water, but they immediately moved off in a Mokuleia direction and she did not see them, or anyone else during the rest of her stay at the end of the world. 

Irma @ Makapuu Great shot with Rabbit Island in the background
 Kolohe and M38 @ Rabbit Island
  Nani climbing up the rocks
 Kaiwi diving @ Lanai Lookout 

No comments: