Sunday, December 25, 2011

12-25-11 DB's Dailies RM38,Kolohe,Buster&Nani@RI, Kaiwi@SC, Irma@DH, Right Spot@RP


I hope the posse's Christmas was a Merry one. We were on the road at 0630, and ran into Gayle along the way. At 0720 I found what would prove to be RM38, Kolohe (RW22), and Buster (RV08) all snoozin' in the Morning Glory, left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. Buster has begun his molt (D#1..1%). At 0943 Nani (RK60) would join the RI cast, hauling out to Seal Rock Inlet and moving up into the vegetation line.

Despite lots of miles driven and trod, it would be 1142 before the next critter was found. I got to Spitting Cave, for the 2nd time at 1142, to find posse member Terry just leaving after a 2 hrs stint at SC. I plucked my big butt down on a rock, and at 1159 here came Kaiwi (RK96), moving from further in Maunalua Bay. Of course, I contacted Terry immediately. Kaiwi remained the rest of the day, doing 9 minute dives, and ranging from the right side of the big rock to the mouth of the cave and then beyond, near the point, to a place that she loves, even though it horrendous backwash. See loves the spot. Terry came back and Gayle joined us. I notified Z&P of Kaiwi's location for their 4-6 shift. Z shot video on her shift

Team Billand called at 0734 to report Kermit (R012) fronting #1707, at White Plains.

At 0959 they found Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach.

At 0920 Colleen, at Diamond Head, gave me the best Christmas present I could hope for with those wonderful words.... "I've got Irma at the showers !!! Thank you Irma, and Thank you Colleen !!!

Dana checked in at 1546 to advise that Jeannie Martinson reported Right Spot (R016) at Rocky Point today

 M38, Kolohe, Buster and a rock!
 Day one of Buster's molt
Kaiwi @ Spitting Cave
Nice shot of Spitting Cave... 
Zeenie's footage of Kaiwi 

No comments: